- To conduct a national literature review on Cultural Competence
- To assist in the development of a Cultural Competence Plan through the development of a Cultural Competence Study Committee
- To identify disparities that exist within the system
- To select and oversee the administration of a survey instrument that would determine the baseline data for the system
- To recommend opportunity areas and acknowledge areas of strength
- To develop a Cultural Competence Plan for Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions and a plan for our provider network
In 2006, Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions released its first Cultural Competence Plan that covered nine domains that were consistent with the national data on cultural competence. In 2007, the Cultural Competence Provider Subcommittee released the provider version of this plan.
Since that time Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions has held two successful statewide conferences on Cultural Competence and has maintained several educational initiatives for the provider network. Brochures have been developed along with various models for implementing cultural competence including “How to Write a Cultural Competence Plan”.
Our efforts are on-going. To learn more about our process, click here